4. File a Criminal Complaint

The Office of Civil Rights & Title IX complaint investigation process is independent of any other complaint resolution process. You have the right to file a criminal complaint with the appropriate law enforcement authorities. You may pursue legal options in addition to or instead of filing a complaint with the the university. Our office can assist you in making a report to law enforcement.

Call 911 if you have an immediate life/safety concern!

University of Kansas & Lawrence

University of Kansas Public Safety Office (24/7)

Lawrence Police Department (24/7)

Douglas County Sheriff's Department (24/7)

University of Kansas Edwards Campus & Overland Park/Johnson County

Overland Park Police Department (24/7)

Johnson County Sheriff's Office (24/7)